Just One Minute
Balanced Fare: We Report, You Deride

Thursday, June 13, 2002




How Do You Say “This Spring Can Not End Soon Enough” in French?



First it was Le Pen. Then, it was the French National soccer team getting the boot from the World Cup. And I’m not a linguist, but when the guys on Denmark yell to each other, does it sound like they are speaking German?



UPDATE: A reader from France (Sacre bleu!) writes to say hello and offer some assistance. Apparently, when next I am in Paris, if I wish to commiserate with the locals, I should simply say (let me get this):

Bonjour. Je m’appelle “Monsieur MinuteMan“, mais vous m’appellez “Monsieur merde du chien”

Will Rogers was right: there are no strangers here, just friends you haven’t met yet. And gracias, amigo.

Comments: Post a Comment

Home