Just One Minute
Balanced Fare: We Report, You Deride

Tuesday, July 09, 2002




Tune in Tonight

Let me start by quoting Jason Rylander:

"Major League Baseball's All-Star Game is on tonight. Does anyone care?"


Jason admits that, "as a liberal Democrat, I don't typically call for busting unions" and then goes on to rail against the players union. As an earnest righty, I suppose I should bash the treacherous, untrustworthy, dishonest owners, and point out that I would much, much, MUCH rather see the fan's money go to Derek Jeter than to George Steinbrenner. And only because Jason seems like a reasonable fellow, I expect that I would be the favorite in the "red in the face" department.

But that is not my point. You really should not miss the All-Star pre-game show. Based solely on common sense, I confidently predict great footage of Ted Williams' career, including his famous All-Star home run off of the "eephus pitch". So, tune in early. The game itself, probably a pass.

Comments: Post a Comment

Home