Just One Minute
Balanced Fare: We Report, You Deride

Wednesday, October 16, 2002



Even I Have Heard Of Flushing Pheasants

NO, that is not a delicacy out in Queens! It's scaring a flock of birds away from cover and concealment so that you may gun them down ruthlessly as they soar aloft in beautiful flight. Great Sport! One animal can also be flushed - they have lucky folks called "tiger-beaters" in India (or so I recollect from my Kipling). And no, they don't beat the tiger. Gee whiz, that would be daft. They beat sticks, and make noise, and drive the tiger towards the waiting hunters, who gun it down ruthlessly... oh, we have covered that.

Anyway, a Tennessee lad like Glenn Reynolds should not need lessons in hunting techniques from a Jersey guy like me. But, I guess he does.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home