Just One Minute
Balanced Fare: We Report, You Deride

Sunday, October 27, 2002



Truth Takes a Holiday

We admire Jeff Cooper. But check this:

It's inevitable that, as election day draws nearer, partisanship is going to increase... . At a time like this, I think it's unrealistic to expect that people are going to engage in extensive criticism of those who fall, roughly speaking, on their side of the political divide.... if a Democratic commentator is reluctant to criticize the flaws in a Democratic candidate for fear of assisting the campaign of an even worse Republican, I'm not going to throw stones.... At this point, I'm much more concerned with keeping control of the Senate than I am with reforming the Democratic Party; as far as I'm concerned, we can return to that long-term project two weeks from today.

Oh, I'm just having fun with my "Creative Excerpter"; it makes more sense when he says it. I have noticed a distinctive leftward drift over at Kausfiles. Of course, motion is relative.



Comments: Post a Comment

Home