Just One Minute
Balanced Fare: We Report, You Deride

Monday, February 24, 2003



Beware The Ides Of March

What mysterious thoughts are lurking within Diane E. at "Letters From Gotham"? She offers this:

STUPID PREDICTION. I believe that Saddam will be history on March 18, 2003. Ask me why I believe this on March 19, 2003, when I will have egg all over my face. For now, I prefer to keep my reasons secret and oh-so-mysterious.

OK, March 18 is the anniversary of the founding of NATO, the anniversary of the first post Cold War elections in East Germany, Neville Chamberlain's birthday, the anniversary of the announcement of the hydrogen bomb, and the first US national election.

But I doubt any of these are the explanation. As good a guess would be to expect Saddam to be swept out as part of the post-St. Patrick's Day clean-up.


Comments: Post a Comment

Home