6/13/2003 12:23:00 PM
by The MinuteMan
This Is Not About Ricky West
But he had every reason to be steaming mad
. Mac Diva had been calling him a racist. Evidently, Mac Diva has been calling lots of people lots of things. Ricky West has some links to get you started. However, I have a couple of extra links to throw into the mix:
is sensible, as we expect.
refers to a "now you see it, now you don't blog" called Natasha Watch. Well, now you see the google cache
I am relying on my subtle sense of what generates blogosphere buzz to predict that there are going to be many more people posting opinions on this subject before the day is done. So, my deep thoughts:
1. I could scarcely ignore Mac Diva more than I already do, but it is nice to see Ricky get some vindication.
2. One of the coolest things about blogging is finding out just how many intelligent, well educated lefties are hanging around. Most of them, despite their incomprehensibly misguided politics, actually have pretty good character (well, I think so, but are you going to take the word of an evil righty?). So, the timing of this particular blow-up is surprising, but the outcome will not be.
3. Ain't anon-a-blogging great? Mac Diva may go away, but the person will be back. Eternal vigilance! Fortunately, since it is the behavior and not the person that is troublesome, the ability to reinvent and re-emerge is a good thing.
4. Someone will ask, what about righties? Surely we could find someone who deserves to be pitched on the fire? Dwight Meredith describes his very understandable reaction to the early Mac attacks, which was to overlook some of the excesses when they were directed at righties. Are there some crazed righties directing bizarre attacks against lefties that folks on the right are closing their eyes to?
5. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.