Just One Minute
Balanced Fare: We Report, You Deride

Thursday, June 12, 2003



This Seems Stupid

"Republicans Limit Probe of Iraq Intelligence". Geez, maybe we should probe Republican intelligence, which also seems to be limited.

Have the hearings, get the headlines out of the way. The cover-up, if any, is always worse than the crime. So far, the Administration is, arguably, guilty of being too zealous in pursuit of American security. Hey, we can get over it - I would rather they over-react to a threat than under-react to it, and my keen political radar tells me that I am not alone in this view.

But if the newsies smell "cover-up", this issue will never go away, and justifiable decisions will acquire the aroma of scandal.

I cannot square this with my "Karl Rove is a genius until proven otherwise" thesis.






Comments: Post a Comment

Home